ANTHONY JOSHUA will defend his IBF world heavyweight title at The O2 on June 25. Joshua landed the belt at the Greenwich venue in style last month, dispatching Charles Martin inside two rounds.
The 26-year-old returns to the scene of that win for his first defence, with further information on his opponent and ticket sale dates to be released next week.
“If there is a date to get in your diary its June 25th – first title defence, The O2,” Anthony said. “Opponent to be announced but I just spoke to coach and I told him I am feeling great and I can’t wait to get back in to camp.
“I want to be active so that is why I chose the closest date. I appreciate you guys and I can’t wait to see you again and put on a great performance.”