ANTHONY JOSHUA is ‘looking to eclipse’ his victorious performance against Dillian Whyte last month when he takes to the ring once more on April 9.
The British and Commonwealth heavyweight sensation thrilled a sold-out crowd in London’s O2 Arena on December 12 where he claimed the 15th KO win of his 15-fight pro career.
An opponent for the 26-year-old will be named next week when tickets will also go on sale.
“I can’t wait to get back in the ring on April 9,” Anthony told Boxing News. “I feel fit and ready to take on whoever I need to continue my journey to the top. The atmosphere at The O2 was unbelievable in December so I’m looking forward to putting on an even bigger show for the fans. It is a really exciting time for Heavyweight boxing right now so I can’t wait to get fighting.”
“The last show at The O2 on December 12 was one of the best and most entertaining we’ve seen, and on April 9 we are looking to eclipse that,” promoter Eddie Hearn added. “It will be another major step for Anthony Joshua on a card full of World Championship and domestic match ups – get ready for the on-sale next week!”
Meanwhile, Anthony is in talks with fellow London boxer Dereck Chisora for a European heavyweight title fight.
Dereck, who comes from the same amateur gym as the heavyweight champion, is due a shot at the now vacant European title and, given Wladimir Klitschko and Alexander Povetkin are otherwise engaged, Anthony is the most highly ranked available challenger.
“There’s been a few discussions about it,” Nisse Sauerland, Chisora’s promoter, told Boxing News.